Saturday, March 7, 2009

Vitamins

Because I only get breastmilk, I'm supposed to have Vitamin D drops (a somewhat controversial subject for some people, but new research says breastmilk just doesn't have as much vitamin D as formula! But it has antibodies that the formula makers have yet to imitate, so it's still far superior). So Mommy finally got around to purchasing the multivitamin my pediatrician suggested and we tried them out today. Mommy agrees, they are pretty darn gross. They seem like they're supposed to be citrus flavored, but just taste like an orange gone bad. Next time they're going in a bottle with my milk! They were so gross I just spit them out in the end. I blame Daddy 'cause he was the one holding me. :)

3 comments:

cfrog15 said...

Hi Shannon and Maya,

Our ped actually had us start vitamin drops too- even with just formula! I think Ellie started them around 6-ish weeks...she didn't like them at first, but now takes them like a pro! I think Maya will too ;o)

Ameripromo said...

Hey, don't dis the formula!

The Hazeletts said...

Hi Shannon, I always had better luck with giving Bryce his nasty Zantac if he was laying down. It isn't as easy for them to spit it out with gravity on our side! Although putting it in her bottle is probably even a better idea.
Kelly H.