Wednesday, February 4, 2009

When the PA checked me out on my second day of life, she heard a heart murmur, so here I am getting my echocardiogram. Daddy had to run and get the camera 'cause he thought my holding my hands up by my face was just so stinkin' cute! As the PA thought, I have a Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD), which is relatively common (though Mommy is having a hard time finding exact odds online! Okay, so it's maybe, like, 1 in 1000, but certainly not unheard of! Mommy had heard of it before, and one of my Olsen cousins had it, too), and should heal on its own. Once the referral goes through, I'll have an appointment up at Doernbecher's to double check that everything is okay.


1 comment:

Caitlin said...

I didn't know about this! I'm her aunt. You're supposed to to tell me about these tings!