Thursday, February 12, 2009

Weight Check

Friday, when I was 5 days old, we went to the doctor for a weight check (I lost just about too much in the hospital- Mommy's milk wasn't coming in, so I got some Similac formula, but I haven't had any in 11 days!). Grandma Kimmy got me this outfit. The funny thing is, Mommy got the same exact outfit, but a size bigger, so when I grow, you'll see me in it again (but without the newborn "paws"). Sometimes I get really mad when they dress me up for pictures (don't I look pathetic?!?).
But I calm down.
Then I sleep in the waiting room. And scream on the scale. The verdict? 7 lbs, 7 or 8 oz (it's hard to tell when I am squirmy). The next Monday at our mother-baby appointment I was 7 lbs, 9 oz, and yesterday at my two (and a half) week check up, I was up to 8 lbs, 7 oz! Mommy's hoping I become a cute, fat little porker, but whenever she talks to me about it, I get a very concerned look on my face. Maybe I don't want to be a fatty!
And here we are back at home. I usually fall asleep in my carseat, so I stay there until I wake up.

1 comment:

Natalie and Ryan said...

I bought that same purple outfit for our daughter at the Carters outlets. It is so cute. Your baby is so little and adorable. Man, I forget how small they are when they come out. Enjoy it, it won't last long. They grow so fast.