Monday, May 11, 2009

Mommy won't shut up!

There's one other thing I meant to mention (actually there were two but I can't remember the other right now): Cloth Diapering. I was SO gonna do it. Just have disposables for outings and babysitters. I figured I'd wait a couple weeks after Maya was born so I'd have more energy and be ready to try. Don't remember when I actually did try, but okay, no one tells you how easily those things leak. Even doubled up. After two days of soaking everything to death, I gave up. The whole saving money thing: maybe you would in the long run, but the Parent's Choice diapers, at a mere $5.74 a package, work just fine. In fact, they work great. And I'm not as environmentally friendly as I thought.

3 comments:

Ameripromo said...

Cloth diapers are one thing I just could not do. Some things are worth spending money on. But kudos to those who do use them!

The Hazeletts said...

I never knew they leaked so bad. I'm glad I didn't even try them! ;p

Heather said...

Hey, if you're 'worried' about the environment, just think about all the water you're not using or polluting with feces by NOT using cloth diapers. That was the kicker for me when I considered cloth diapers...either way, I'm still polluting something. I went for the easy way out too! :)